News & Announcements
August 11, 2020
Orchestra in the Schools Fall plan 2020
Ten sessions of private music instruction, via Zoom or FaceTime, 30 minutes per week for the first semester and a Full Orchestral rehearsal experience once a month at International School of Monterey (ISM) is our plan for 2020. Private lessons and classes are given by highly qualified instructors teaching:
- Strings — Don Dally, Arlyn Knapic and Janneke Hoogland (violin, viola and cello) many sizes are available.
- Double Bass — Bob Davies (sizes available: 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4)
- Woodwinds — Ben Herod (flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon and saxophone)
- Brass and Percussion — Kevin Jordan (trumpet, horn, trombone, tuba and drums)
- Guitar — Robert McNamara (acoustic, electric and electric bass)
Full Orchestra rehearsals at the ISM:
- Outdoor rehearsals with social distancing & masks (September, October and November).
- 3-4pm; Intermediate – Advanced students; 2-3 orchestral tunes (for all students).
- 4-5pm; Advanced students: Chamber music (selected by auditions).
- String quartet
- Woodwind and Brass ensemble
Virtual concert in December via our webpage.
Instrument loan at no cost for registered students.
Tuition aid is available for qualified applicants.
Sessions are by arrangement with the instructor and all students are encouraged to attend the Outdoor Tuesday Full Orchestra rehearsals.
We accept home school, charter, public, and private schools — Grades 1-11.
Cost is $300.00 per semester.
Arranged lessons the weeks of:
- September 14, 21, 28
- October 5, 12, 19, 26
- November 2, 16, 30
ISM Outdoor Tuesday Full Orchestra rehearsals 3-4pm:
- September 29
- October 27
- December 1
More News & Announcements >
Stevenson School Carmel Campus (Closed Campus)
San Carlos School (Closed Campus)